Volunteers are an integral part of our success at Kaleidoscope. We welcome parents and other volunteers who help with events in our classrooms and around the school. Without them, we know these great events for our students would not be possible.
To get started as a volunteer, you must:
- Successfully pass a background check
- Create an account on HelpCounter
Because the safety of our students is incredibly important to us, any person who wishes to volunteer at Kaleidoscope must have a current background check on file. Background checks are valid for three years. All background checks will be processed online. Beginning September 1, 2018 the cost of completing a background check is $21.00, which will be collected online at the time of submission. Please be sure a current background check is on file at least 72 hours before your volunteering event.
Kaleidoscope uses a service called HelpCounter to coordinate our volunteering efforts. On HelpCounter, volunteers can:
- Sign up for available volunteering opportunities
- Review what events you’ve signed up for
- Log volunteer hours for the year
- Send questions or comments to the Kaleidoscope Volunteer Coordinator
To start using HelpCounter:
- Log in via www.helpcounterweb.com/volunteer.
- Create a username and password
- Select Kaleidoscope Charter School.
Kaleidoscope Family Expectations
In alignment with our authorizer, Volunteers of America, families with students attending Kaleidoscope are asked to complete 20 hours of volunteering service each school year.
Questions or Comments?
If you have questions or comments about volunteering, you may email [email protected].