Alpha Omega Kids
Announcement: Fall 2019 Pre-Registration is closed. Any families interested in enrolling their students may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Families with students enrolled at Kaleidoscope Charter School (KCS) may participate in the before and after school program, ALPHA OMEGA KIDS known as AOK. Alpha Omega Kids is a separate entity and is independent of KCS. Established in 2004, AOK is exempt from licensing due to the following conditions. First, Kaleidoscope Charter School founders invited Charlene Stewart, to join KCS as a partner in education. Second, after accepting the challenge, Charlene registered AOK as a small business at KCS. Third, AOK was approved to operate by KCS School Board as the school's before and after school interactive club. Because AOK is not the usual licensed daycare and with KCS supervision and support, AOK is able to offer families a hefty discount in tuition and a team of trained, certified or licensed and caring teachers, professionals and volunteers.
AOK is a before and after school program that is family oriented, multicultural, anti-biased and all-inclusive for our students. As Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. said: “Intelligence plus character… that is the goal of true education.” Our stellar program is designed based on this philosophical platform. AOK is committed to maximize our resources and support our children to learn and grow so that they will become the best versions of themselves.
AOK incorporates a variety of activities and games that promote healthy study habits such as homework help, buddy-reading, computer lab, family values like respect, responsibility, kindness, and social skills that challenge independent thinking, problem-solving and collaboration through teamwork.
Although we hold our students with high expectations, they feel at home and belong while they are at AOK because they enjoy our democratic, safe, clean and accepting environment. In fact, many of our alumni have returned to AOK as volunteers and as teacher's assistants. They would tell their friends: "Once AOK, always AOK."
Space is limited. Enroll today!
Before & After School
AOK Program Hours
- School Days: 6:30 am to 8:00 am and 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm
- Non-School Days 6:30 am to 6:00 pm
- AOK closes on all national holidays and during school winter break
- AOK remains open during 2-hour late start or early-release, extra fees may apply
- Convenient On-Site Location
- A Safe, Clean, Fun and Family Friendly Environment
- Certified/Licensed, Trained, Experienced and Caring Staff
- Consistent Programming and Flexible Scheduling
- Extra Help with Homework and Problem Solving
- Educational, Social and Fun Activities
- Cold Breakfast and Tasty Snacks
- Reasonable and Competitive Rates
- Exciting Field Trips: In-House Events or Outings
- Family Appreciation Night and AOKFest
School Closings Announcements It is in our agreement, to keep our children and staff safe if Kaleidoscope Charter School is closed, then AOK is also closed. (Usually, if the major news networks announce Elk River ISD728 is closed, then Kaleidoscope Charter School is also closed.)